Prep for Session
Book Portrait SessionsMay 7+14, July 9, 2021
Portrait session overview:
- Go to your location for your individual session times, dressed and ready for portraits. For makeup, please keep in mind that portrait makeup is different than stage makeup. Less is probably more, and please avoid the use of glittery makeup. Avoid bra straps or undergarments that will show under your costume.
- Due to the necessary social distancing measures in place right now, all ordering will be online.
- Photos will be delivered to your mailing address in a few weeks.
- If you gave permission to post photos online during the registration process, I will post your purchased photos in a Facebook album. I just ask that you please refrain from removing the logo in the bottom right corner when you repost them elsewhere.
Two options this year
Indoor Studio Session
Indoor studio sessions take place at your dance studio. One outfit per 10 minute time slot. For multiple time slots, repeat the full process, including payment. If booking multiple sessions for siblings, we have time to do some photos with them together, so you do not need an extra slot for group photos. These payments are deposits, and will be credited back to you when you order your photos online.
A slightly longer outdoor session. Up to two outfits per 15 minute time slot. For multiple time slots, repeat the full process, including payment. If booking multiple sessions for siblings, we have time to do some photos with them together, so you do not need an extra slot for group photos. These payments are fees, and will NOT be credited back to you when you order your photos online.
- Where will the photo sessions be held?
- For dance studios, unless the sessions are during a dress rehearsal, we will be set up in one of the rooms of your dance studio. If you end up going to my home address listed on this page, at least bring some donuts for my surprised family members.
- May my dancer have a few photos taken with a friend or group of friends?
- Yes, we try to build in enough wiggle room in the schedule to make this easy. For your convenience, just try to schedule your appointments close together.
- What if we have a million and a half outfits?
- Please repeat the process to book multiple sessions. We'll have another dancer go in for their pictures while your dancer changes outfits.
- How do I view and purchase the photos?
- An email will be sent to you when the photos are ready, but there is also a link at the top of the page (older galleries are there now).
- How do I get my booking deposits credited to my order?
- When you have logged in with your Mike Nyman Photography account, you will be given the option of using your credits during the payment phase of checkout. Just select the button that says you want the credit applied.
- What if I already ordered and forgot to apply my credits?
- Send me a text (508-414-1656) and I'll issue a refund.
- I forgot to write down the time of my sessions. Where can I find that out
- Search your email (including your spam folder) for "MNPHOTO APPT ". if you still can't find it, send me a text (508-414-1656).
PricingPricing shown here is in-person, same day as session. Online and additional orders are higher.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Since all orders will be taken online instead of in-person, the in-person pricing will apply to online orders for two weeks after they become available.
Download the 2021 pricing sheet (71KB pdf).
Printsplus sales tax and shipping
- 4x6: $11 each
- 5x7: $15 each
- 8x10: $19 each
- Set of 8 Wallets: $20 each
Digital Filesincludes printing rights
- 1-4: $60 each
- 5-7: $50 each
- 10-14: $40 each
- 20+: $30 each
- 3 digital files total $180
- 6 digital files total $300
Booksplus sales tax and shipping
- Each book includes 20 photos
- 7x7: $280
- 8x10: $300
- 12x12: $340
- Extra photos: $14/$15/$17each